Book signings are the greatest! I love meeting readers, so if you'd like me to visit your school, library, or bookstore, please send me an email. Details are on the Contact page.
*Please note that my visits to schools during school hours are not listed here.*
- I'll be conducting a presentation and book signing at the Senoia Library in Senoia, Georgia on Thursday, September 1 at 5:00 p.m. The presentation is called Naughty Cousins and Psychic Aunts: Writing with family and living to tell the tale. It's about how I wrote my last two books--Saucy Girl from Highland Press and I Saw Your Future and He's not It from Llewellyn Worldwide--with members of my family and the special advantages and challenges associated with that arrangement. The program is free and open to the public! Please register with the library in advance.
- The Chicago North chapter of Romance Writers of America is
hosting it's biennial Spring Fling writing conference at the Hyatt Regency
Schaumburg over the weekend of May 20-21. I will be presenting a panel with my
cousin Annmarie Ortega called New Adult: Is it just YA with more Sex? We
will also be participating in the conference book signing. The conference
itself has a fee, but the book signing is open to the public. I hope to see you
- The Southern Breeze chapter of the Society for Children's
Book Writers and Illustrators is hostng its annual Spring Mingle in Decatur,
Georgia the weekend of March 11-13. On Sunday, March 13 there will be a book
signing for attendees. The location and time are TBA. (I'll post info here when
I get it.) This will be the first event where I'll be signing my newest release
SAUCY GIRL from Highland Press! It's the perfect springtime read!
- The Southern Breeze chapter of the Society for Children's
Book Writers and Illustrators is hosting its annual fall conference over the weekend
of October 16-17, 2015 in Birmingham, Alabama. I'll be presenting two panels -
one about out-of-print books and the other about fiction in the New Adult
genre. This should be a fun and informative event for writers and illustrators
looking to network, learn, and have a fantastic time! Pre-registration is
required through the SCBWI Southern Breeze website.
- It's that time again! The RWA Chicago North chapter is
holding its biennial Spring Fling writing conference. I'll be participating in
the book signing Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. at the
Chicago Marriott Northwest in Hoffman Estates, IL. The signing is free and
open to the public, but the rest of the conference requires registration and
fees. And you'll definitely want to attend the rest of the conference for its
excellent panels, Friday night manuscript critique sessions, and famous
chocolate reception. It's a blast!
- My first book signing at Books-a-Million! I'll be at the
Peachtree City, Georgia Books-a-Million at 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 15, 2014
to sign copies of my book "I Saw Your Future and He's Not It." Come
on out and say hello. It will be terrific to see you.
- Please come see me at the Peachtree City (Georgia)
Library on Saturday, February 8, 2014 from 2 to 4 pm. I'll be doing a talk
called "It's All Write" about getting your book published,
and I'll be selling and signing my own books. This event will be held
at 201 Willow Bend Road, Peachtree City, GA. Call the library for more details
- I'll be with the Coweta (County Georgia) Writing Group on
Saturday, December 7, 2013 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Barnes & Noble in
Newnan, Georgia. I'll be comparing the process of getting published in
traditional and self-publishing formats for adult versus children's books in
fiction versus nonfiction genres. It's free and appropriate for teens and
adults. We'll be meeting by the windows at the Starbucks, so order a cup
of coffee, grab a seat, and join us.
- Presenting a program at the Senoia, Georgia Public Library
on Saturday, September 7, 2013 from 10:30 a.m to noon about getting a book
published. It's All Write covers the basics of book publishing,
including traditional routes, self-publishing, and agents. It's free and
appropriate for teens and adults. Please call the Senoia Library at
770-599-3537 to register.
- Come to the Book Blast at Orland Square Mall in Orland
Park, IL on Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 10 a.m. to noon. I'll be doing a brief
reading and signing books, plus there will be activities for kids. See you
- Like vampires, wizards, and the Death Star? Who doesn't?
I'll be on several panels, doing a reading, and signing books at Capricon Sci
Fi/Fantasy Convention February 7-10, 2013. This annual event will be at
the Weston Chicago North Shore in Wheeling, Illinois. There's a charge for
entry to the Con, but it includes an entire weekend's worth of panels, events,
- Greenman Elementary School's Reading Night on Thursday,
November 15 at 6:00 p.m. I'll be talking to students, parents, and faculty
about writing and books.
- Joliet Public Library's Author Fair at the Joliet
Library's Black Road Branch, 3395 Black Road, Joliet, IL, on October 13, 2012
from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Come meet dozens of local authors for both children and
- I'll be staffing the table for the Tri-County Writer's
Guild at the Oswego Literary Festival on Saturday, October 6. Stop by between 9
a.m. and 11 a.m. to say hi and talk about books or writer's groups or the
previous night's Grimm episode. The fest is open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. but I won't
be there the whole time. There will be great members of the writer's group
available all day.
- Aurora Library's Author Fair at the Prisco Community Center at 150 W.
Illinois Ave., Aurora, IL on September 8, 2012 from 1 to 3 p.m. This is a great
event that I'm sure you'll enjoy with lots of authors and lots of readers.
- Summer Reading Kick-off at Sugar Grove Library in Sugar Grove, IL on June 9,
2012 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. I had a terrific time the last time I visited the
Sugar Grove Library, and I'm sure this will be no different. I'll even be
giving away free copies of the first edition of Stones of Abraxas. Come get
- This is one of my favorite events, and it only happens every other year: The
RWA Chicago-North 2012 Spring Fling Conference is scheduled for April 27-28,
2012 at the Marriott in Hoffman Estates, IL. Come for the conference and stay
for the fun! In addition to informative panels and the opportunity to meet
authors, editors, and agents, there's a big book signing on Saturday afternoon.
(There is a charge for conference registration.)